LORI'S VISION FOR SCHOOL BOARD SERVICE:
- COLLEGE & CAREER READINESS FOR STUDENTS
- SUPPORT & UPLIFT EDUCATORS
- OPEN DIALOGUE WITH PARENTS & COMMUNITY
- COMMITMENT TO SUCCESS OF STUDENTS, TEACHERS & COMMUNITY
- LEADERSHIP TO SUPPORT EVERY LEARNER, EVERY DAY
BUILDING FOR OUR FUTURE
I'm seeking a third term on the Owatonna School Board, because I'm committed to finishing the important work we've started in recent years. This includes building a new high school, continuing the college and career-readiness curriculum, and ensuring students, teachers and staff are properly supported coming out of the pandemic.
Owatonna Public Schools is at a critical juncture. Stable, consistent leadership is the foundation of the next chapter for public education in our community. Students, families and businesses are counting on us to provide opportunities for all students to find success from their education. I strongly believe that public education in this community should be committed to every learner, every day.
ACHIEVEMENTS FROM PRIOR TERMS
- Passed community-supported bond for new high school
- Implemented 6-8 grade middle school
- Navigated historic pandemic, supporting teachers, students & families
- Hired new superintendent, who brought vision & leadership
- No operating levy increases for last 10 years
If you weren't able to attend the Owatonna School Board Candidate Forum on October 3, you can still watch that forum courtesy of Owatonna Live. Click the link on the right and see what Lori has to say!
Or, you have another chance to attend a School Board Forum on Wednesday, October 26. This forum is hosted by Owatonna Business Women and Foremost Brewing Cooperative and will be held at Owatonna Middle School. Meet-and-greet starts at 6 p.m. with the forum beginning at 6:30 p.m.
MORE ABOUT LORI
- Owatonna resident since 1998
- Married to husband, John
- Three adult children, all graduated from Owatonna High School
- Attorney - Director of Compliance at Federated Insurance
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentor
- Served on Crisis Resource Center Board
- Served on Music Boosters Board
- Served on Montessori Children's House Board
- Current Vice Chair, Owatonna School Board